Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Olympics have begun!

Room 3 are very excited that the Olympics are about to start! 

Rio 2016 Olympic Trailer


We watched the trailer video for the Olympics and had a discussion about different similes and metaphors we could think of relating to the animals. 
Some examples are:

The sloth was an elastic band

I was as flexible as a fox

The panther was as fast as a lamborghini

I was as strong as a crocodile 

The fox was a spring

We then wrote a story describing the transition from being a human to an animal. Here are some of the stories...

I was running at the lanes. Suddenly, I felt pain in my whole body. I fell down on all fours. My hands had turned into paws with claws and so did my feet. I looked back and saw a large tail, balancing me with each turn.  I had fur all over my body.  My fur was smooth and shiny. I looked down at my hands. I had turned into a deadly panther. I ran with all my might. I felt free without a care in the world. I was a panther and I didn't care a bit! I felt tingly and savage, like I was a beast from a far away land. I could hear are see everything from the birds singing to the echoes of the mountain.  I then felt a boost of energy and a taste for meat. I ran off the track and into the forrest. I hunted down a deer and grabbed it with my strong jaws. Suddenly, I felt a burst of pain again and my paws turned into feet and hands. I felt my tail, as it slowly disappeared. I stood up but fell over agin. My balance was lost. My strong jaws grew back into teeth. I winced as all this happened right before my eyes. I looked around. I was in the middle of the forrest. I was lost. 
By Jennifer 

As I ran down the run way I felt a tail behind me. Then as I leaped over the high jump bar and I saw red fur and fluffy ears and a black nose on a snout. Half way over I wriggled my toes and at the end toe I could see my paws.  I smelt everything around me. I finally landed. Then I changed back to skin colour and got my hands and feet back. As I changed I felt adrenalized. 
By Jack

Agh! This was when I found out that I am getting so hairy! Also I am at the worst place ever, school! I'm walking back to class getting prepared to be humiliated so I walk in and just as I walked in, poof! A tail popped out that made the students scream. Now I feel so short and I can't see clear. I smell a garbage can. What is happening to me? But now I'm not me anymore. My ears turn into triangles and every little blow of wind I hear so clearly. My hands are gone and have turned into dirty, sharp claws. But the worst is when I try to say something and it turns into squeaking. There is one great, excellent, super awesome thing, I am flexible. I'm even as flexible as a rubber band. So now I don't think its so bad after all. 
By Emily


As the wind whistles through my hair, I turn lighter and I feel a sudden growth of hair as I swish through the branches. I leap using my fox like abilities and I start to shine. 
By Milla


I was the best synchronized diver in world class Olympics but even though I was the best, I knew I could do better. When it was Rio 2016 Olympics I was doing my handstand when I felt rough skin and a tail begin to grow. My nose was longer that ever. I didn't let that take my interest. I leant over an did my somersaults. I felt more agility and flexibility. I had never felt so alive. I changed into my human form. I started amazing and did an astonishing finish. Next thing I knew I was the #1 contender for New Zealand and worldwide. 
By Lucas


I jumped up. I hit the volleyball over the net. The other player hit it back. I jumped up again. Suddenly I felt a boost. I jumped higher. I powerfully hit the ball over the net. As I did I saw the fur growing on my arms. I wondered what was happening? Then I felt my tail slowly growing. I dived forward trying to hit the ball but my thigh landed on a sharp rock. I was bleeding. I was in pain. I desperately needed a time out. I tried telling the referee, but it just came out as a screech. They couldn't understand me because I turned into a monkey. 
By Sophia

It is the day of the Olympics and I get ready at the starting line. As I am there I feel a slow growing tail and then I get more balance. Then I feel hair slowly growing all over my body. As I flex my back muscles I feel more power. I look at my body and I have black fur. I realise I am a puma. OH NO! The race has started, I growl my loudest growl. As I run I feel the wind against my face, feet and tail. I won! I slowly turn back to human form one bit at a time. First my legs, then arms, face, tail and body. All things gone apart from my strength, speed, agility and my pride. 
By Luan

No comments:

Post a Comment